By Colin Dunbar
Self-publishing a Kindle ebook is really easy. It takes a few minutes to fill in your details and upload your files. Then within 12 hours (English language books) your Kindle ebook is live in the Amazon Kindle Store. Easy-peasy.
Before you open the Kindle Digital Publishing (KDP) site, you should have the following readily available:
- Your formatted Word file (see Kindle Formatting)
- Book title and sub-title (if you have one)
- Your cover image
- Your book description (400 characters or less, including spaces)
- Know the category for your book (or have a good idea)
- Keywords (choose up to seven); two words count as one keyword, e.g. self publishing is considered one keyword.
- Your financial information (for your royalty payments)